Thursday, 4 February 2010

The Plastic Girl

Alice


Hello! My name is Alice, but you'll find me on the internet pretty much everywhere by the name Nuwandalice. It's my name combined with 'Nuwanda', which I pinched from the movie Dead Poets Society. I've spent my life trying and failing to live up to the legacy of being a blonde, blue-eyed, British girl called Alice. If I'm a little bit whimsical, it really isn't my fault.

I am currently in my tweens ('those irresponsible twenties between childhood and coming of age at thirty-three'*) having recently graduated and so - as cheesy as this sounds - still trying to find my place in the world. Less specifically, I am located in the UK, and more specifically - I currently live in Scotland, and I'm from the North East of England. I am hopelessly in love with both. I have an awesome partner in crime, and we go on lots of adventures.

I like to spend my spare time exercising my imaginative and creative muscles, which I owe completely and totally to my plastic kids, who are really special to me. Toy photography is one of my favourite things in the world, because unlike other kinds of photography, it's not about capturing something that's there, like a special moment or a pretty landscape, but about bringing something to life that is rather decidedly un-alive. My favourite kind of toy photograph makes me believe I'm seeing part of their secret world. :)

I'm super friendly, honest! Feel free to drop me a line anytime. :)

alice xox



* JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

No comments:

Post a Comment