Monday, 7 March 2011

Creative Challenge Week #9, Pokemon and books!

Pokemons!


I won't lie - the most exciting part of last week was the new Pokemon release. :3 I've been playing Pokemon since I was embarrassingly young, and little Alice from the 90s would have been delighted to see me still playing! As you can see, I was still getting silly and excited before release day and crocheted Beth a little pikachu hat.

Anyway, there's a reason that's the last photo I've uploaded to Flickr. :P I really really like it! I did a really excellent girlfriend thing and bought Gav a second hand DS last week so he could buy black and we could play through together. He's pretty much completed it, erk! I have created a monster. I am a slow Pokemon player, I like to think I am savouring it. :) So far, I have a very soft spot for my adorable little Munna (sorry Victini!) and I squealed like a crazy lady when I saw Castelia! I have dreamed so long of a 3D pokemon game (for handheld) and it's just so very nearly there... eeeeek! :)

I did also have quite a productive crochet week. My escape to Edinburgh last weekend has provided me with lots of yummy yarn, including some super chunky stuff, which I had not worked with before:

Stardust


I have produced more hats than just that but I'm saving them for a potential etsy store! ;)

Heart Crochet Bag


I also made this crochet bag as commissioned by my mum. :)

In dollie news, I am downsizing slightly as I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed. I have already moved on one girl - my Pullip Mir. She was much loved but I just didn't have time for her and she'd barely been out, and is off for a new life in Spain! (Lucky thing.) Meanwhile, I got a long-awaited tinybear order! First up is Annie, who is looking super fantastic in the wig I originally bought for Callie. Bad Annie. :P

Annie


Woah, can you believe it's March already? :\ Two whole months of 2011, eeeek! Something I've been doing for fun is keeping a running total of books I've read in 2011, and though I've slowed a bit recently as I started about 3672846784 books at the same time and continue reading them all without finishing any, I'm feeling kind of proud of it, so thought I'd share.

Keeping Faith, Jodi Picoult
Bloodchild, Octavia Butler
Bicentennial Man, Isaac Asimov
Across the Nightingale Floor, Lian Hearn
Grass for his Pillow, Lian Hearn
Brilliance of the Moon, Lian Hearn
The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien
The Fellowship of the Ring, JRR Tolkien
The Two Towers, JRR Tolkien
The Return of the King, JRR Tolkien
The Silmarillion, JRR Tolkien

Italics mean it was a short story, underlining means it was a re-read. :D (I am not counting academic articles or the list would be a mile long!) I decided after long deliberation not to underline the Silmarillion. I know I think I read it a while ago, but I remembered so little after Ainulindale I thought it hardly counted. So far it's looking pretty fantasy heavy! I would recommend them all rather enthusiastically, with the exception of the first. (Keeping Faith.) I enjoyed it more or less, but it felt a bit preachy, and I resent being preached at. I think it's supposed to be open ended with the religious aspects, but eehhhh, didn't feel like that to me.

I know it's not that impressive, but I feel like I'm keeping on top of all my hobbies and making time for each of them. :)

Hope you all have an EXCELLENT Shrove Tuesday tomorrow!

alice xox

2 comments:

  1. Hello! You should get a http://www.goodreads.com/ account - I think you would find it helpful.

    Def sell those hats. They are all kinds of adorable. & I totes approve of that new wig, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete