Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Change is Scary

I'm coming up to the last three weeks of my time as an undergraduate. I've handed in my second last essay, and I'm handing in my my last ever essay on Monday, with my last ever  exams a week and a bit after that. After four whole years being a student, I am absolutely 100% ready to finally graduate... but it's still kind of terrifying.

I swear the next person who asks me what I "want to do" with my life is getting punched in the face. It's so weird, I didn't realise so many people measured people's success by their job. I don't quite know what I'd like to do yet. My minimum requirement is that I'd just like to earn enough to keep doing the things that make me happy - namely taking photos of toys and having more dolls than is strictly necessary. ♥ If I can get a job I enjoy, that is a very welcome bonus!

I came across some old photos today, and it's kind of reassuring how little things have changed...

Photo itty-bitty-Alice took circa 1997 (?) of my teletubby toy Po chillaxin' on a beach in France

Photo taken by itty-bitty-Alice circa 1997 (?) of my Sylvanians outside my house

Itty-bitty-Alice & Father, circa 1997 (?), doll in hand (naturally)

Based on my current trajectory, I'm pretty sure nothing will be changing anytime soon. ;)

alice xox

6 comments:

  1. Change is scary! I have to hand in the final version of my thesis by July 1st and that'll be it...
    But we'll be fine, we're awesome! (Let's hope our future employers will also think so, lol) I'd hire you! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd hire you too! ;) Fingers crossed (and good luck!)

      Delete
  2. Totally agree - I HATE change. (Which means right now my life is crazypants). You'll be fine. That first year out is always a bit of a crapshoot anyhow. And having a good job doesn't really foretell life going to plan or "the right way." So stay happy, keep enough in the bank to be safe, and do what you like. Seems like a good plan to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm expecting the first year out to be kind of dreadful, yeah! It's actually comforting to hear someone say that, so I know it's not just me failing heheh. :o) Hope we both are exactly where we want to be in a years time! x

      Delete
  3. Dear Alice ... Change can also be a good thing, an exciting time to explore new things. But in saying that you don't have to change your whole life, you can still do the things you have always done, just experiment and learn to do them better. Perhaps you could spend the expanded available time exploring new avenues within the things you love doing most, after all isn't change all part of being creative?

    Follow your heart and do what you enjoy to the best of your ability, you never know where it will lead you ... you may even get paid for it ... I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant to know! :) I hope I can say the same in several years time!

      Delete