Friday, 11 May 2012

Tricking myself into being healthy with homemade ice pops

As I type this, it is absolutely bucketing down with rain and I am curled up in bed under the duvet, shivering. Oh, Scotland. Even so, I am determined to persevere in my (apparently mistaken) belief that It Is Summer, and so I should Do Summery Things.


Along with the rest of the world, I am completely addicted to Pinterest, and these homemade lollies are inspired by a delicious looking pin. Please finish admiring my attempt before you click on this link, as mine are far less beautiful than theirs! They are popsicles made of fruit and fruit juice, and they are delicious.


The original recipe uses fresh fruit, but I just bought a big mixed packet of frozen fruit, because I am but a poor student. I think it works just as well, even if I couldn't slice them up and make the lollies as beautiful. I also used orange juice from concentrate, rather than grape juice. A delicious and excellent choice. It was super, super simple - I crammed as much fruit into each mould as I could, then poured the orange juice to fill in the gaps. Super easy!


I love these ice lolly moulds I found at Morrisons - especially the dorky little straw attachments so you can suck all the melted bits out from the bottom. Total genius!

Here's hoping summer actually arrives in Scotland soon...

alice xox

1 comment:

  1. I am determined to persevere in my (apparently mistaken) belief that It Is Summer, and so I should Do Summery Things.healthy ice pops

    ReplyDelete