Thursday, 2 August 2012

Toy Thursday: Hey Cavey!

Today, the postman brought me a cute little something...

215/366

This little guy is my sixth Cavey, and quite possibly my favourite! For those who are not familiar with this adorable little face, you can find out a bit more about Cavey and his friends here, and enjoy some photos here. This little one is part of the set created to celebrate the London 2012 Olympics, which is also where Cavey is created. :) Even though I am on a strict (ish) toy budget, I couldn't possibly pass up one of these cuties as an adorable memento of the Olympics being held in my home country.

108/366 Be Prepared!

Likewise, this Scout Cavey is a memento of BlytheconUK 2011, which was held in Baden Powell House with a scouting theme. Here he is, proudly wearing his BCUK merit badges and demonstrating his formidable shelter-making skills. (As long as it doesn't rain, anyway.) 

180/366

Cavey recently celebrated his second birthday in June - I can't believe he's been around so long already! I hope he is around for much, much longer, as six meagre Caveys is nowhere near enough for a collection I can be proud of. ;) 

alice xox

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection!!! Cavey are so cute, I have one of their decal stickers on the back of my phone XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have quite a collection of Cavey pins now - need to figure out where to put them! :)

      Delete
  2. They are so cute!! I want one too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh you should! It's impossible to feel down when there's a Cavey smiling at you! (I keep mine lined up on my desk in a jolly little row, hehe)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I've never seen this little guy before. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he just? :) I'm not usually into plush toys as much as plastic - but Cavey is the exception :D

      Delete
  4. Waaa I giggled scrolling through each picture. Such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha! When I read your post title I was expecting to see guinea pigs!! These little critters are really quite as cute though Alice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, well, they are based on guinea pigs! :) They have the same cute chubby charm, I think :)

      Delete