Sunday, 7 October 2012

Blythecon UK & a small case of The Sads

Yesterday was Blythecon UK 2012, in Manchester. As you might know if you follow me on Flickr or Twitter, this was supposed to be my third Blythecon - but I couldn't make it. Time, money and distance conspired in a big ball of Suckiness and I had to sell my tickets. Luckily, both went to some lovely ladies I am delighted I could help out, but I was still nursing a bad case of The Sads yesterday.

Hobbies like Blythe, which happen mostly online, can be a bit isolating - and it's something that I personally find a bit lonely sometimes, so missing Blythecon really sucks. It's not for everyone, but I love actually meeting all my favourite online ladies and talking dolls. I haven't done this since last year's Blythecon, and I can't help feeling a bit sad. (Not to mention being in a new house, in a new city, in a new job... I'm a bit pathetic with change, really.) The daft thing is, the main reason I couldn't go was because I found employment quicker than I expected. It's a silver lining to the whole situation, but I found it pretty hard to appreciate that yesterday when all my friends were having fun without me.

But enough of my pity party! The good news is that next year's BCUK is up in my neck of the woods - Glasgow! I'll be helping Pip & Fiona out with some of the organising, and I'm super excited for it already!


I spent a lot of the past two years in Glasgow, and it's one of my favourite cities. It has a really lovely city centre and there's more than enough stuff to see and do to make a weekend of it. So please, come! I would love to see you there! :)

I'll leave you with a link to my embarrassingly goofy BCUK 2011 video, and a photo I took at BCUK 2010 of two very awesome ladies. To everyone I missed this year: you'd better get your butts up to Glasgow, or else. I'll pelt you with rotten haggis.

alice xox

ps. we were featured in an article in The Guardian! That's a big deal! Ignorant commenters aside, it's even a pretty awesome article - not at all condescending with some wonderful quotations from some wonderful ladies. 

1 comment:

  1. Misskittenpurr Twitter1 November 2012 at 13:56

    I wish I can make it to Glasgow!! I love the art work by the way...

    ReplyDelete