Thursday, 4 October 2012

Toy Thursday!: Venus McFlytrap

There is now officially another lady who is vying with Lagoona for the title of my favourite Monster High girl. Venus flytraps are one of my favourite things ever, walking plants of the Wyndham variety are the best, I have a soft spot for a certain Ms Isley, and I'm not impartial to Back To The Future references, either.*


Isn't she amazing? Her hair! Her lips! Her clothes! Her hands! Her shoes! Ahhh I love her! 



Her pet, Chewlian, is a rather sinister looking venus flytrap. He's one of my favourite Monster High pets, as well - although I think Operatta's Memphis "Daddy-O" Longlegs is my favourite. (If only all spiders were so suave, maybe I'd be charmed by their smooth ways and less likely to run away shrieking.)




The best bit is I managed to snag her reduced in Argos. They also had Rochelle and Robecca, but they don't call to me the same way Venus does. (Also, tight budget. Wargh!) Looking to perhaps acquire Robecca in the future, having seen the awesome job Heather did on her plating, which you can see here. I'd be intrigued to try a wash (like I'd use for Warhammer and other miniatures) and then seal it, and see how that looked. I think the panelling is awesome, but not quite super awesome, and it could be a future project!

alice xox

*At least, I hope it is. Gavin thinks it might be just a reference to the band. But they're a reference to BttF apparently, so, either way...? I can has Marty?

4 comments:

  1. Venus was one I initially wasn't intending to purchase as she didn't call to me. But like you I found her marked down and well couldn't resist a bargain. I took her out into the woods across from my house for her photo shoot and just fell in LOVE! Your pics of her are fabulous! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! A dollie bargain is a good thing indeed :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!! Here in Italy Mattel releases some of the new MH characters, I bought Jackson Jekill and Abby Bominable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! :) Oooh I do like Abby - it's the claws! I love them :D

      Delete