Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Young Avengers Cross Stitch (or, proof that I have lost control of my life)


I don't think I have ever mentioned my deep, abiding love for Young Avengers on this blog. Well, I love it. Like, a lot. You know that scene in Love Actually where Emma Thompson's character tells Alan Rickman's that Joni Mitchell taught his cold, English wife how to feel? That will be me in twenty years time, except instead of Joni Mitchell it'll be a bunch of teenage superheroes. Also, I expect I'll experience emotional anguish much less gracefully than Emma Thompson. Less delicate crying, more ugly sobbing. Also without the leggy secretary tearing apart my marriage, but I digress.*

Although the painful intensity of my love for Young Avengers cannot be put into words, it can apparently transfer pretty well into cross-stitch motivation. I love all of my YA babies, but Teddy and Billy (Hulking/Wiccan - see the dashing superheroes above) got the honour of making it to the embroidered dimension first, because they taught this cold, English blogger how to love. (Look. Just go away and read the comics and come back when you too are an emotionally compromised mess. Then we can talk, ok? Ok.)

This is the first cross-stitch I have ever actually finished and mounted properly, and the first time I've tried making my own cross-stitch pattern. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out! If you too feel like stitching up your own adorkable superhero couple, then please do! You can yoink the pattern below.

[link]

(no selling, stealing, etc. just for your own delicious personal use. enjoy! sew! be merry!)

alice 
xox

* (EDITED TO ADD: I feel a little bit bad rereading this and noticing I'd only really blamed the leggy secretary. Mr Alan Snape's Character also did very bad. Just to clear that up!)

2 comments:

  1. You know, everybody would be like them and living a life full of love

    ReplyDelete