Friday, 8 November 2013

Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Night is the weirdest. An evening of national celebration of the morbid and (mostly) legitimate vandalism. Excellent! Well, not so much the firework related stupidity and injuries, but yay for controlled fires and explosions! 

This year we went to a really huge Guy Fawkes event in Leeds (apparently about 70,000 people!) which had the biggest bonfire I've ever seen. So big, in fact, that it fell over just before the fireworks started. I'm told this happens every year, but it was my first time seeing a twenty foot pile of burning wooden pallets crumble and I was briefly convinced something awful was happening and we were all going to burn alive. (Because I'm an optimist like that.)

... I'll stick with sparklers. More in my comfort zone!

The massive bonfire! Bearing in mind we were about 100ft+ away from it...

Alice + sparklers = happy

Sparklers!



alice xox

No comments:

Post a Comment